Your True Gender Conference 2015
2015 has been a year of raised awareness of transgender issues. Caitlyn Jenner has sparked a national discussion about being transgender, and Barack Obama became the first President in U.S. history to condemn the persecution of “people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.” And in San Luis Obispo, California, on October 9-11th the Cal Poly Pride Center in cooperation with two non-profits, Your True Gender and Tranz Central Coast, will host the central coast’s first-ever conference designed to educate and guide not only transgender individuals on their own personal gender transition journey, but also their families, allies and professional providers.
Your True Gender Conference 2015 convenes some of the world’s foremost visionary pioneers and leaders in the Transgender community for a three-day conference on this topic of cultural significance. Conference presenters will include physical and mental health providers, attorneys and activists, such as:
· Jamison Green, PhD-President of World Professional Association of Transgender Health
· Marci L. Bowers, MD-gender affirmation surgeon for both MTF’s and FTMs
· Lin Fraser, EdD, MFT-Bay Area Gender Associates and past President of WPATH
· Jillian T. Weiss, JD, PhD-Ramapo College Law professor and owner of Weiss Law
· Ben Hudson-Gender Health Center-Sacramento
This conference will facilitate networking and provide inspiration and education. Physical and mental health providers and attorneys who want to learn about the diverse trans communities should plan to attend as well. Early registration is available through September 23, 2015, and will close on September 29th—so please register early!
For more information, please visit http://yourtruegender.org